Please go to https://neonet.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx to see NEOnet’s open job opportunities.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
ORANGE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Title: PAYROLL File 210
Reports to: Assistant Treasurer/CFO
Job Objective: Processes employee payroll transactions. Performs data entry and accounting support services.
Minimum · High school diploma or GED. Work skills substantiated by training and/or work experience using
Qualifications: governmental accounting procedures and automated data processing systems.
· An acceptable score on a pre-employment skill test may be required.
· Displays flexibility, reliability, self-discipline and a willingness to take on challenging tasks.
· Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts responsibility for personal decisions/conduct.
· Interacts confidently with others and displays a strong customer-service focus.
· Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
· Meets mandated health screening requirements following a conditional offer of employment.
· Meets prerequisite qualifications to be bonded.
· Shows evidence of core computer competencies deemed essential at the time of hire.
Work Days: Per contract
Essential 1. Performs employee payroll functions and ancillary duties that facilitate the timely
Functions: attainment of district objectives. Keeps informed about program/procedure changes.
· Greets/assists visitors. Answers/directs phone calls efficiently. Takes detailed messages.
· Prepares letters, memos, notes, E-mails, etc. Maintains calendars/schedules as directed.
· Sorts/distributes incoming, outgoing and interoffice mail and faxes.
· Prepares photocopies. Prints, collates, covers and binds documents/program materials.
· Obtains/analyzes vendor price quotes. Prepares requisitions for administrative approval.
· Maintains procurement files (e.g., transmittal letters, contracts, confirmations, guarantees, etc.).
· Follows established district procedures to ensure the accurate recording and timely preservation of documents. Maintains a systematic filing system that supports the efficient retrieval of records.
· Collects/maintains payroll deduction authorization forms.
· Verifies time sheets. Calculates gross wages. Processes the payroll. Reconciles payroll records.
· Distributes paychecks/deposit confirmations forms as directed.
· Completes payroll reports and tax payments by required deadlines.
· Maintains monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reports. Prepares employee W-2 forms.
· Processes employment services, worker compensation and unemployment reports.
· Verifies authorized employment inquiries (e.g., loan applications, etc.).
· Processes termination and retirement forms. Maintains retirement records.
· Collects/organizes data for analysis. Helps interpret data for forecasting and/or reports.
· Receives deliveries. Verifies contents with packing lists/purchase orders. Reconciles invoices for payment. Maintains a transaction/account balance ledger. Prepares requested recaps.
· Reorders consumable office supplies as needed to maintain reliable service levels.
2. Exemplifies professionalism and fosters goodwill to enhance the district’s public image.
· Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
· Contributes to an effective and positive work/learning environment. Performs all assigned duties.
· Develops mutually respectful relationships with co-workers. Functions as part of a cohesive team.
· Maintains a professional appearance. Wears work attire appropriate for the position.
· Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
· Respects privacy and maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
· Works effectively with minimal supervision. Performs tasks efficiently to meet deadlines.
3. Maintains open/effective communications. Serves as a reliable information resource.
· Coordinates preparations for meetings, conferences and other departmental activities.
· Prepares/maintains accurate records. Submits required paperwork on time.
· Regularly reads district e-mails and responds promptly.
· Provides prompt notification of personal delays or absences.
· Refers district policy interpretation questions to an appropriate administrator.
· Seeks clarification when directives/expectations are unclear.
· Uses active listening/problem-solving techniques.
PAYROLL Page 2 of 2
· Respects diversity.
· Resolves issues tactfully.
4. Pursues opportunities to enhance professional performance.
· Participates in training to keep current with professional standards associated with work duties.
· Updates skills as needed to use available task-appropriate technology effectively.
· Assists with the evaluation of the functionality of payroll processing software.
· Works toward mastery of individualized development/performance goals as directed.
5. Takes precautions to ensure safety. Helps manage/eliminate risks.
· Maintains high standards for appropriate conduct. Recognizes and responds to prevent aggressive behavior or harassment. Complies with district procedures and federal/state laws when dealing with discrimination and suspected child abuse/neglect.
· Assists with evacuation drills and building emergencies.
6. Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
· Assists with unexpected/urgent situations as needed.
· Helps implement workplace initiatives that advance district goals.
Working Safety is essential to job performance. Employees must exercise caution and comply with all
Conditions: mandated safety regulations and follow district protocols when involved in the following situations:
· Balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, or standing.
· Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes.
· Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
· Managing aggressive, disruptive and/or unruly individuals.
· Lifting, carrying and moving work-related supplies/equipment.
· Operating and/or riding in a vehicle.
· Performing repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time.
· Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
Performance Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted
Evaluation: by the Board of Education.
The Orange City School District is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies primary responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum changes and unforeseen events.
“The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District.”
To apply : https://www.applitrack.com/orangeschools/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp?internaltransferform.Url=&category=Exempt+Employee